If you’re searching for a great easy recipe to use up your bananas, look no further. This easy moist banana bread recipe is the most delicious banana bread you’ll ever taste.
This post may contain affiliate links, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Disclaimer for more information.
Banana recipes are one of those recipes that usually beginner bakers start with. It was a popular thing to make during the pandemic as baking was a thing to do.
Regardless of their popularity, banana muffins, banana nut bread, and banana cake are all banana recipes that have been done for thousands of years.
This quick bread recipe is full of banana flavor, an original recipe that will be your go-to healthy banana bread recipe. This easy banana bread recipe can be used to make banana bread variations like banana nut muffins in addition to homemade banana bread.
This recipe is not only easy, but it’s healthy as well. We use all-natural ingredients and no refined sugar, avoiding inflammatory ingredients like vegetable oil, a large amount of sugar, canola oil, and brown sugar.
Easy Moist Banana Bread Recipe Table of Contents
So you get the best of both worlds yummy banana bread that won’t upset your stomach which can be caused by having too much-processed sugar.
In my home, it’s been a staple with my family and kids. Everybody loves it and everybody is so excited when mom is making “the banana bread.”
We will start with the supplies you need and then go through the ingredients some tips you can use to have in your back pocket, storage ideas, and other ways to preserve your banana bread.
Why should you make this banana bread recipe?
- He will keep it simple and give you the main points on why you should try our banana bread recipe instead of thousands of others.
- It’s a healthy version of a banana bread recipe that won’t spike your blood sugar as most banana bread recipes will. As a registered nurse I’m always conscious of how much sugar I contain and when it comes to baking I try to make it as healthy as I can.
- It’s mouthwatering, and a very comforting banana bread that will leave you probably eating the whole thing by yourself. But please do share.
- You can use this recipe to make a bread loaf or muffins it’s interchangeable
- It’s easy to make, for all my new bakers out there. This is a recipe for you!
- It won’t break the bank, all the ingredients are pantry staples, so you don’t need to spend tons of money trying to get all these ingredients together.
You are going to need a decent size mixing bowl to hold your banana mixture. You don’t need a separate bowl to hold wet and dry ingredients either.
You do need a stand mixer or an electric mixer, but a baking spatula and fork are just fine to use to smash bananas and incorporate all your ingredients slowly.
Be sure to have handy measuring cups and spoons to create this perfect banana bread recipe.
For best results, a loaf pan of any bread pan will do to bake this simple banana bread recipe. You can use a muffin tin to make banana muffins with this recipe as well.
As soon as your loaf of banana bread comes out of the oven, pop it out of your pan and place it on your wire rack until is it cool.
I use organic all-purpose flour but you can use whatever all-purpose flour you have on hand.
Overripe bananas are brown bananas that create a great flavor to this banana bread batter. It will keep your bread nice and moist!
Eggs will help bind all the wet and dry ingredients together as well as provide structure and a leavening agent.
This is one of my sweeteners and why this is a healthier banana bread than most recipes house granular sugar.
Coconut sugar is my second sweetener and according to Well and good, “it small amount of nutritional value, versus cane sugar, which has none.”
A little bit of vanilla extract goes a long way, as this will helps boost the flavor of this bread recipe.
Baking powder & Baking Soda
Both are leaveners helping our banana bread rise to its fullest potential.
Using a small amount of salt in any baking recipe is key to helping bring out the yummy flavor of baked goods.
Walnuts provide a slight crunch to this healthy and delicious banana bread.
Optional: Chocolate Chips
Depending on your personal preference, you can add in milk chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips to make chocolate chip banana bread!
How to make easy, moist banana bread
The first thing you do is preheat your oven to 350°F and butter whatever bread pan you are using. You can also use coconut oil instead of butter to prep your bread pan.
Mashed bananas need to be added to a mixing bowl with all the other wet ingredients.
After all your wet ingredients are mixed, add your dry ingredients and slowly incorporate all the ingredients. This is a time to add any extra toppings, like chocolate chips, or our favorite walnuts into your mixture.
Pour your banana bread mixture into your greased bread pan and you can see that it will fill up at least halfway.
Pour your batter into your pan and bake for 60 minutes in the oven or till fully baked. Place a toothpick in the middle of your bread, If the toothpick comes out clean it’s ready
Banana Bread Flour Options
For some banana bread, flour options can be gluten-free like almond flour, or a great gluten-free flour mix. You can buy it online or at your local grocery store.
We use organic all-purpose flour for this recipe but look below for our recommendations on other flour options.
Tips on How to Measure Flour
- Measuring flour is quite easy you can do it the old-fashioned way with a measuring cup. A good rule of thumb is to scoop your flour with the spoon into the measuring cup to get a more exact measurement.
- Another way to measure flour is with a kitchen scale. The kitchen scale doesn’t have to be expensive.
- It can be whichever scale you find, but measuring flour in grams with the scale is probably the best way to measure flour.
- Shop below for the best measuring cups and scales can get online.
Tips for Success
- If the only thing you have is yellow bananas that are not ripe, place them in the oven at 400 degrees for 5-10 minutes till the skin of the bananas darkens. This is a quick way to ripen bananas.
- Use medium bananas or large bananas to make the best moist banana bread
- Using a wire rack is the secret tool to preventing a soggy bread bottom.
What makes this banana bread healthy?
This banana bread is healthy because we do not use any refined sugar in the ingredients. You can make it even healthier by using gluten, free flour if you’d like, as you can use one cup of almond flour for every 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
But overall compared to most banana bread recipes this is, this easy moist banana bread recipe is made with all-natural ingredients and zero processed ingredients.
How Do I Store My Banana Bread?
I store banana bread in an airtight container on the counter for a short amount of time and the refrigerator or in the freezer to extend its freshness.
Can I freeze my banana bread?
You can most definitely freeze your banana bread if you make sure it is tightly wrapped with saran wrap, or in an airtight container to prevent any freezer burns.
How Long Will Banana Bread Stay Fresh?
Banana bread can stay fresh at room temperature for about 4-5 days and in the refrigerator for up to a week or two if in an air-tight container. Be mindful is it doesn’t look or smell good before these days toss it.
According to the USDA, ” Bread products retain their quality when stored in the freezer for 3 months. Any pieces of bread containing meat or hard-cooked eggs must be refrigerated within 2 hours.”
What To Do With Extra Bananas
Aside from making this easy moist banana bread recipe, you might have extra bananas that you don’t know what to do with.
If you have extra bananas, you can make more banana bread, or you can cut the bananas and put them in a Ziploc bag and freeze them for later use.
Some things you can do with frozen bananas are:
- Banana ice cream
- Add bananas and smoothies
- Bar frozen bananas, and add them to other baked goods
- You can also make banana pancakes
- An extra chip tip is to throw your banana peels in a compost bin, or put it in a jar that is filled up with water and use for fertilizer for plants later.
- Banana chips by dehydrating them.
Easy moist banana bread recipe FAQ
Can I make banana bread gluten-free?
You can make banana bread gluten-free by using gluten-free flour. I’m in Sara, coconut flour, cassava, flour, or just buy a gluten-free flour. I’ll purpose mix online or at your local grocery store.
Can I make banana bread without baking soda?
You can make banana bread without baking soda, but you need to use a substitute for your bread to rise.
Can I freeze banana bread?
You can freeze banana bread, just like you would any other type of bread. As long as you have it in an airtight seal to prevent freezer burn, you can preserve your bread by freezing it.
Can I make muffins instead?
Are healthy and moist banana bread recipe can be used to make muffins instead. Making muffins instead of bread. It’s a great way to feed others individually and make a to-go snack.
What is a good substitute for butter in banana bread?
A good substitute for butter and banana bread is coconut oil or any other type of oil to keep your bread nice and moist when baking
Why is my banana bread dry not moist?
Are there a couple of reasons why your banana bread is trying not moist, it can be as simple as not using ripe bananas. The wet ingredients in banana bread are important to keep this type of bread.
Nice and moist so make sure you’re using the right amount of each ingredient, and that your bananas are ripened if they’re not, you can put them in the oven until they get brown enough that they are soft.
I hope you enjoy making this easy moist banana bread recipe, let us know in the comments how it turned out!
Delicious & Easy Moist Banana Bread Recipe from Scratch
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 Bananas
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Exract
- 2 eggs
- The first thing you do is preheat your oven to 350°F and butter whatever bread pan you are using. You can also use coconut oil instead of butter to prep your bread pan.
- Mashed bananas need to be added to a mixing bowl with all the other wet ingredients.
- After all your wet ingredients are mixed, add your dry ingredients and slowly incorporate all the ingredients. This is a time to add any extra toppings, like chocolate chips, or our favorite walnuts into your mixture.
- Pour your banana bread mixture into your greased bread pan and you can see that it will fill up at least halfway. Pour your batter into your pan and bake for 60 minutes in the oven or till fully baked. Place a toothpick in the middle of your bread, If the toothpick comes out clean it’s ready
More Delicious recipes
PIN FOR LATER
Don’t forget to spread the ❤️ Love & Share this Post!