Here you will find an easy plan to help you make your next taco bar party, including a taco bar checklist you can snag.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Disclaimer for more information.
Trying to plan a taco bar party? Need a taco bar checklist? Well you’re in the right place!
Who doesn’t love tacos? This type of party can be planned for any occasion and of course my favorite…Cinco de Mayo!
Table of Contents
Create a taco bar party for basically any occasion, some examples are graduation parties, birthday parties, taco Tuesday dinner or lunch, house warming, retirement party, and just because you want a taco night!
Really, there are tons of reasons to build a taco bar party!
If you consider any of these taco bar party tips to help you out, I know your friends and family will be impressed the next time you throw a taco bar party.
We will help you get all your creative juices flowing with ideas for taco bar party.
So let’s talk about some tacos! Yummy..
Why a Taco Bar Party is a Great Way to Entertain?
I mean, the word TACOS!..do we need to say more. This Mexican cuisine food is a fan favorite for many people. Entertaining with a bar full of veggies, cheese, and all kinds of meat or even fish is a great way to socialize with others.
Creating a Taco bar party:
-Lets people get creative with their own food
-Can be easier to put together for the host, compared to other theme parties
-Taco bar parties gets people moving around at your party
-Guest tend to conversate more and get more comfortable in a party setting
-There are tons of ways to decorate and get creative with food options
If you still are not convinced why having a taco bar party is a great way to entertain, look at these statistics..
- According to chd-expert.com, Mexican food is the 3rd most popular type of food people have in a restaurant.
- Southfloridareporter.com reports that Americans eat over 4.5 billion tacos a year
- Kegl.iheart.com, conducted a survey on National Taco Day, only 5% of people didn’t like tacos!
I even did my own study in my Instagram stories, and as you see a snapshot of my poll of tacos v.s burritos, it resulted in tacos being the clear winner.
So it’s safe to save, if you haven’t already created a taco bar party yet you definitely should.
Taco Bar Serving equipment:
Okay, now that you know having a taco bar party (which is an amazing idea), you must ask yourself… what do you really need to make one?
To keep it simple, all you need is food, food supplies, and some Mexican themed decor.
- Food: of course you need yummy taco food options, sides, and maybe even some dessert
- Mexcian themed supplies: signs, banners, serving/salsa bowls, utensils, napkins, table cloths, cups, plates, serving trays, serving spoons, cooler
Overall, it is quite easy to customize your taco bar how you want it.
But If you want do go the extra mile for your taco bar party, you can try to get the supplies linked below:
- Taco Holders: Plastic or Stainless steel
- Tacoholder stand
- Tortilla warmer
- Electric server warming tray
- Condiment serving container
- Heated topping bar (electric)
- Mexican serape table runner
- Fiesta taco holder plate
- Inflatable Serving tray
- Lazy susan chip & dip tray
I love a good fiesta decor set when I see it. Getting themed decorations are so much fun to hang up for a party like a taco bar party.
Fiesta decorations take your taco bar to the next level and all your party guests in a fiesta mood!
Below are links of some great examples of fiesta decoration you can get for your next fiesta.
How much food do I need for a taco bar Party?
By using this handy Food Taco Calculator, you can find out the exact amounts of food ingredients you need for a certain amount of people.
From experience, when I feed my family of six and cook with at least 1 lb and half of ground beef, it is enough for everyone to have at least two tacos each.
The linked calculator is pretty handy and can help you no matter how many people come out to your taco bar party.
What are some healthy toppings to put on tacos?
There are definitely healthy food options that are delicious and still good for you in a taco bar party.
The healthiest foods are homemade, baked, and use quality ingredients that are unprocessed.
Healthy foods like:
-Homemade sauces and dips
-Homemade refried beans
All the foods above and below (when you see our taco filling options) can all be made from scratch and be considered healthy depending on how you cook them. Additionally, all the food recipes linked here are also listed on our taco bar checklist you can great for free.
My last post on How To Stock a Healthy Pantry is a great resource to know what types of food to carry in your home that will help you cook healthier.
The Easiest Way to Build a Taco Bar Party
- The easiest way to build a taco bar is to have a written-out taco bar menu and taco bar decoration ideas so you can give yourself an idea of how you want to decorate your party.
- After you have a plan and menu in place, get all your hot food prepared and cooked ready to be spread out.
- Usually, cooking hot food takes the longest, so by doing this first you can get it out of the way.
- Placing cooked taco toppings in warmers will be your best bet to keep it warm.
- You can also cook your hot taco food toppings in crockpots and leave the food in it to keep it warm during your party.
- When your main fillers are cooking, you can use that time to place all the decorations up and make your sides.
- Lastly, when all the taco filler foods are ready to be placed out, arrange all food in an assembly line on a party table.
- A good rule of thumb is to place your sides around the assembly taco fillers and add in some deco around it all if you have any.
- Have a separate location for desserts, drinks, and extra supplies for your guests like utensils and plates. Using a taco bar checklist also comes in handy when planning any size taco bar party.
Adding some authentic meixan drinks shows attention to detail at your taco bar party.
Letting your guest try something new and bring some Mexican culture into your party will leave a great impression too.
Some Mexican drink include:
–Agua de Avena (oatmeal drink)
–Agua Fresca (fruit drink):watermelon, strawberry, cucumber/lime
Filling ideas for Taco Bar
-Various types of Shredded cheese: Monterey jack, Cheddar, Mexican Blend
-Corn or a corn salad mix
-Cabbage slaw (red or green)
Meat fillings for taco bar
-Pico de Gallo
-Shrimp (meat replacement)
Taco Bar Side Dish Recipes
-Chips and salsa
-Corn on the cobb
-Rice and beans
-Refried bean dip
Experimental Taco Bar TOPPING dishes:
BUILD THE ULTIMATE TACO BAR with our Taco Bar Checklist
Our taco bar checklist will keep you organized, and provide you with great ideas for when you create your own taco-inspired party. NOTE: Be sure to check your spam or promotional folder if you don’t see it in your regular inbox*
What is a common topping for tacos in Mexico?
The most common toppings for tacos in Mexico is ground beef. Specifically, carne asada is my favorite and is a great topping to add if you want tons of flavor in your taco.
What can you put in tacos instead of meat?
Adding fish instead of meat is a good alternative for non-meat eaters.
Beans and cauliflower are also two great substitutes for meat in taco as well.
Well overall, I hope all this information on how to create a taco bar party and taco bar checklist helps you out. Let me know in the comments below how your taco bar party went, I would love to know!
For more food inspired post, check out the recipe below.
PIN FOR LATER
Don’t forget to spread the Love❤️ Share this post!